At Spectrum Collision in Irvine, CA we understand the frustrations when it comes to repairing your vehicle after an accident. Our staff members are here to help make that stress go away. Here is a complete list of frequently asked questions from some of our past customers near Mission Viejo, CA. If your question has yet to be answered, contact us today. To learn more about the services we offer here at Spectrum Collision near Lake Forest, CA come and visit us today.
No, you do not need an appointment for an estimate at Spectrum Collision. We love walk-ins! Feel free to stop by at your convenience and we will take arrange everything else. However, if you prefer, give us a call and we will be happy to schedule you an appointment with one of our friendly estimators.
Auto Accident Step-By-Step Guide
- Stop/ Reduce the Danger
- STOP IMMEDIATELY! (Failure to do so may be regarded as ‘Hit and Run.’)
- Move your car out of traffic to the roadside if it is safe to do so.
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Turn ON hazard lights.
- Watch for traffic after the accident.
- Warn other cars with flares, cones, etc. (You can be liable for damage.)
- Do NOT smoke.
- Call for Help
- Call 911 (Meanwhile, be careful – the other driver may be dishonest or may become violent.)
- Do NOT admit fault. (Tickets don’t show fault.)
- Do NOT discuss your insurance policy limits.
- Do NOT argue or discuss the cause of the accident.
- Do NOT accept roadside settlements. There may be hidden damage.
- Give reasonable assistance to people injured in the accident.
- Aid the Injured:
- Do NOT give emergency medial assistance unless you are trained to do so.
- Do NOT assume people aren’t injured because they seem to be OK.
- Do NOT move a victim unless they are in danger.
- Gather Information
- Note the state and license plate number of other cars involved.
- Ask other people involved in the accident for their names and telephone numbers.
- Ask potential witnesses for their names and telephone numbers before they can leave the scene.
- Go to the emergency room or to see your physician IMMEDIATELY if you have any pain or discomfort.
- Consider seeing your doctor even if you feel ok. Some injuries can take weeks to develop.
- Not seeing a doctor may make it difficult for you to collect benefits from insurance companies. See one as soon as possible.
- Call your insurance company immediately.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries or bruises.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle and/or other vehicles.
- Take your car to Spectrum Collision to check for any damages.
- You will typically be required to notify both the police and the DMV if the dollar amount of damages exceeds $200-$500, if either vehicle is towed, or if anyone is injured.